Skip to main content

Summer week 33

Under 6 weeks to go!!!
First off let me apologise for not posting last week. I had the week off work and my home computer decided to play up so i couldn't get online to do this. So i will try my best to combine the last 2 weeks.
Last week (week 33) - Was hugely hectic!
Myself and Phil had the week off and i was exhausted at the end of it but realised we hadn't acually acheived much. On the Tuesday we went to my sisters graduation and i had massive issues yet again trying to find an outfit that didn't make me look like moby dick. All my immediate family attended along with a few of my sisters friends. The first thing my mum said to me was "you have certainly got that pregnancy waddle" - Cheers mum. It was a really nice day and really nice to see my sister doing so well but making my way around london was very tiring and my feet had swollen up like balloons by the time i got home.
So the next day we decided to take it easy and go to the cinema. We watched Harry Potter (phils choice definately not mine!) incase you are interested. Then we had our hospital tour that evening. I didn't think i was worried about the whole labour thing much until after the tour and i just felt so relieved that i knew where to go and what to do. I would definately recommend for people to take the tour. We were shown the birthing pool and it was nothing like what i expected. It is in its own room which also has a bed incase you want to get out. You can only have gas & air in the pool but the water is meant to sooth the pains too. That is also why there is a bed in there too - so that if the pain gets too bad and you decide you want more pain relief you can. The only downside to the birthing pool is that there is just one of them so if its already in use you can't have it! so fingers crossed!
Thursday we went to Portsmouth for the day and just walked along the front and even fitted in a game of crazy golf (which i won). The lady in charge of the course asked how long i had left and when i said 6 weeks she responded by say "bloody hell then you are massive". Not the first time i have heard this in recent weeks and i am starting to get a complex. According to my midwife everything is normal and in proportion so i should just ignore everyone else.
After my last blog where i detailed what i had been told about the C section an old friend emailed me and told me that she had had one 8 weeks ago and that it wasn't as bad as i made out. She said it was relatively painless and easy - so apologies if i mislead anyone i was just relaying what i had been told - Beverley congratulations by the way!
So onto this week.
Its been a very strange week. On Monday Phil found out that he may be facing redundancy again. This time we are hoping he gets it as a lump sum of money will mean i can have more time of work to spend with the baby. He will find out next week probably.
I have really struggled being back at work. By the afternoons i am so tired. My feet are actually starting to hurt now and are pretty much swollen all the time (have to wear flip flops to work now as i can't get any shoes on). I am really starting to feel like i am carrying a huge weight - which obviously i am but i haven't really struggled with the weight of the baby before (or even noticed). I am now going to the loo almost every hour. I am drinking so much water as i am constantly thirsty.
The baby's movements are getting so intense that they are really making me feel queezy. arms & feet sticking out all over the place. The midwife said she is laying in the correct position (head down) and is basically ready to be born.
I am definately experiencing braxton hicks (fake/practice contractions) which is leading me to believe that i am going to be early. I have had a gut feeling for a little while now that i will have this baby in August. My gut feelings are usually right. So for precautionary reasons i have finished putting my hospital bag together, now got everything i need for the baby including bottles, a steraliser and bedding. I am 100% ready now. I am also going to make sure we both know how to fit both car seats this weekend.
Most people are very shocked to hear that i am not leaving work until the 16th of August and keep pointing out that i am leaving it very late. But to be honest i would rather be at work keeping busy than sat at home doing nothing and getting very bored.
Ooh changing the subject slightly, i can't remember if i told you about phil wanting to cut the cord. I couldn't believe my ears when he blurted it out in the ante-natal class but he is adament. I have now put my birthing plan together with my midwife and it has been put in writing now so he can't back out (well he probably can if he wants i suppose).
The weekend ahead holds a busy time for me. I have a party on saturday where i am sure i will play the part of taxi driver very well again and i can't really tell you much about sunday - will have to tell you next week as its a secret.
See you then
Mum to be
XXXXXXXXX

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do what makes you most happiest...

This is something I have long forgotten but something I am aiming to rectify. I have been looking inwardly for a while now as I realised I have lost myself a bit. I have spent so long being mum, wife, councillor, chauffer, chef, cleaner, dog walker business owner etc etc etc (you get the idea) that I don't really know who I am anymore or what makes me tick. My son asked me last Mothers day what I would like to do as it was 'my day' - I honestly couldn't answer and my 11 year old boy just said "that's really sad". He was absolutely right, that is sad! When did I just stop living my own life to serve everyone else? I like to paint and have recently made time to complete a run of adult paint by numbers to decorate my living room with. I also started doing acrylic paintings and watching some Bob Ross for inspiration. This is a good start but I'm not passionate about it. Today I remembered what I used to be passionate about and that was writing so I am back

Dark cloud closes in

During my second pregnancy I wrote about my battle with, and subsequent diagnosis, of depression. During this time I stopped my medication and assured myself that I would reconsider the pills after I had my baby. When Dexter arrived I felt fine and strong enough to go it alone. This tactic has worked up until recently. Having a 5 year old who rebels against everything you say, an 11 month baby who just won't sleep, a husband desperately trying to give up smoking, a hectic, full time work schedule - throw into the mix money worries, family worries, going on an extreme diet, beginning a novel and seemingly untreatable psoriasis and you can start to understand why the downward spiral is happening again. For me the key to all of this is to recognise when it is happening which isn't always easy until it has gone too far and the dark cloud has really set in. Deflection is something I adopt when the pressure is on. Rather than admit that I am not in control of my mood swings

A very honest post from Week 27

Well Christmas and New Year were eventful and not in a good way. I had, what was quite possibly, the worst Christmas ever for reasons I will detail in this blog. It began around the beginning of December. My 4 year old daughter seems to have become possessed. She started playing up and has gotten naughtier by the day. It started with her saying no to everything and refusing to do anything we tell her such as getting dressed, eating her dinner or simply not answering back to us. This progressed and she started being a smart arse with us saying things like "I don't have to do that if I don't want to" and "you can't tell me what to do". She has basically turned into a stroppy teenager overnight. We are yet to find a punishment that works on her, she just seems to be completely emotionless toward anything we implement. At the moment she has had most of her Christmas presents confiscated and has to earn them back through good behaviour but she doesn't s