Skip to main content

Summer week 24

Hi all,
Sorry this is a day late but i had warned you it probably would be.
So yesterday we went to the first antenatal class. I was by far the most pregnant woman there. As i have explained previously there was a mix up and i should have been to the first class ages ago so i was not too surprised by this. The other women were between 14 - 18 weeks and most of them were not even showing. The midwife holding the session was great - very funny but obviously loved her job. We discussed various things like posture, how to sit at work and how you should lay in bed to how your internal muscles are changing and why. We also practiced our pelvic floor excercises which was hilarious as she made Phil join in (men have a pelvic floor too you know). I should also point out at this stage that there were only two guys there, phil and another lad the same age named freddy.
I didn't really learn anything i didn't already know or hadn't already experienced but i think phil found it all quite interesting. She went over some stuff about stomach muscles and a common problem woman have nowadays is that the bottom stomach muscles are worked on to the point where they are too strong. If they are too strong they do not have any give in pregnancy and that is why so many women today grow to the front and not much at the sides. This lack of stretch causes the long muscles that run side by side down the front of your tummy to split in the middle and cause a dome effect. This is when you tense your stomach muscle there is a strange dome like shape that appears down the centre of your tummy. I have this. Not sure how serious it is yet but i have to show my midwife on monday and she will advise me of ways not to make it worse. I wouldn't have known about this if i hadn't have gone to the class so it was well worth it.
It was meant to last 2 hours but we were actually in there for over 3 hours... we were all talking too much i think. As predicted Phil was the teachers pet, she definately took a shine to him. He did ask lots of questions but i was very proud of him and i am sure the other women were slightly enviouse of how much he wanted to learn and be involved.
Class 2 will be much more interesting as we will be discussing labour and breathing etc.
I actually feel like a whale now. I am doing that pathetic thing of struggling to get out of chairs and groaning when i have to lug my fat tummy anywhere. Can't walk too far as i get so out of breath - apparently the uterus is starting to squash my lungs a bit so breathlessness is very normal and will get worse.
Started to think about when i will leave work. I only need to give them about 4 weeks notice so its still quite soon but for my own piece of mind i want to have a date to work to. Adding on my rmaining holiday etc it looks like i will be leaving on or around the 17th August (only 3 months time) its all so exciting.
Oh - my Aerosmith tickets turned up this week. I think i must be mad going to stand about in Hyde park watching them while being extremely huge!!! They are worth it though.
Also i have been informed this week that Orlando Bloom (my future second husband) will be appearing in a play in London - have to have tickets!!! He was quoted as saying "I'd like to live a proper family life - with a partner and kids. That's what it's all about, isn't it?" Yes Orlando, that is what its all about and i already have a baby on the way!!!! (Phil - I'm obviously only joking.... There is no way Orlando would actually be reading my blog).
Back to reality, Phil bought a nintendo Wii a couple of days ago which is brilliant. Hope none of my neighbours could see into my living room as i must look like a right idiot pretending to play golf & tennis etc.
I have nothing else to write I'm afraid.
I have a nice evening to myself tonight so i am thinking a long hot bubble bath, some dairy milk whole nut (large bar of) and some Daniel Craig and that is my evening sorted.
Catch you next week.
Mum to be
xxxxxxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do what makes you most happiest...

This is something I have long forgotten but something I am aiming to rectify. I have been looking inwardly for a while now as I realised I have lost myself a bit. I have spent so long being mum, wife, councillor, chauffer, chef, cleaner, dog walker business owner etc etc etc (you get the idea) that I don't really know who I am anymore or what makes me tick. My son asked me last Mothers day what I would like to do as it was 'my day' - I honestly couldn't answer and my 11 year old boy just said "that's really sad". He was absolutely right, that is sad! When did I just stop living my own life to serve everyone else? I like to paint and have recently made time to complete a run of adult paint by numbers to decorate my living room with. I also started doing acrylic paintings and watching some Bob Ross for inspiration. This is a good start but I'm not passionate about it. Today I remembered what I used to be passionate about and that was writing so I am back

Dark cloud closes in

During my second pregnancy I wrote about my battle with, and subsequent diagnosis, of depression. During this time I stopped my medication and assured myself that I would reconsider the pills after I had my baby. When Dexter arrived I felt fine and strong enough to go it alone. This tactic has worked up until recently. Having a 5 year old who rebels against everything you say, an 11 month baby who just won't sleep, a husband desperately trying to give up smoking, a hectic, full time work schedule - throw into the mix money worries, family worries, going on an extreme diet, beginning a novel and seemingly untreatable psoriasis and you can start to understand why the downward spiral is happening again. For me the key to all of this is to recognise when it is happening which isn't always easy until it has gone too far and the dark cloud has really set in. Deflection is something I adopt when the pressure is on. Rather than admit that I am not in control of my mood swings

A very honest post from Week 27

Well Christmas and New Year were eventful and not in a good way. I had, what was quite possibly, the worst Christmas ever for reasons I will detail in this blog. It began around the beginning of December. My 4 year old daughter seems to have become possessed. She started playing up and has gotten naughtier by the day. It started with her saying no to everything and refusing to do anything we tell her such as getting dressed, eating her dinner or simply not answering back to us. This progressed and she started being a smart arse with us saying things like "I don't have to do that if I don't want to" and "you can't tell me what to do". She has basically turned into a stroppy teenager overnight. We are yet to find a punishment that works on her, she just seems to be completely emotionless toward anything we implement. At the moment she has had most of her Christmas presents confiscated and has to earn them back through good behaviour but she doesn't s