Skip to main content

Summer week 14

Not much going on this week to be honest.
Main complaints are that I think the baby keeps lying in a strange position as I keep getting a pain which is similar to a trapped nerve or pulled muscle but its strange as I just know it is to do with where the baby is laying.
I am still struggling to sleep and have a bit of trouble eating. I have worked out that I must eat dinner before 8pm (latest) as I cannot eat a thing after this time. I am also suffering from severe headaches (but I was susceptible to them before I was pregnant, it just feels worse as I cannot take anything for them). Also my contact lenses itch like hell, I read up on this and apparently during pregnancy your eyes produces less liquid over your eyes so they become very dry and a little sore (this can also cause headaches). It is called dry eye syndrome and is made worse if you wear contact lenses. If it continues I will have to revert back to wearing glasses (uuurrgggghhh). Will keep wearing the lenses until I can bear it no longer!!
My concentration and memory are much better now and I am starting to feel happier. Still checking the bump every morning and it is definitely becoming more noticeable, even Phil thinks I am showing now. I just need to get a little bigger to justify that it is actually a baby and not just fat.
Went shopping at the weekend for maternity clothes and wanted to get a token present for the baby to celebrate the scan. Got a bit upset as I had a splitting headache and got tired very quickly which frustrated me more than anything as I had been looking forward to this for a while. We went to Camberley and I hated ALL the maternity clothes so opted for some smock type tops and just got bigger baggier sized clothes. Also treated myself to a new soft dressing gown and some comfy slippers. Couldn't find anything I wanted to get for the baby as all the neutral stuff was yellow or white which I don't really like. Mum saved the day when she found a really cute mint green outfit from mothercare so I got that.
Looked at the big expensive stuff like cots etc and Phil almost had a heart attack at the prices. Although he felt much better when I found some of these things on ebay or second hand from the local ads. Think we may go scouring some car boots soon, always good for a bargain. I do want to get a few things brand new as its our first child but there is nothing wrong with second hand.
Was getting worried about the cats as they have a habit of sleeping on my pillow and I was concerned that they would get into the cot while the baby was asleep and suffocate him/ her. Until someone at work told me you could get cot nets which were designed to keep cats out, had a look at one and they seem very good so that is one worry off my mind.
Still haven't felt the baby kick yet but there is plenty of time for that. I have had a few flutters but it could just be wind.
The nursery got off to a flying start and has now stopped mid decoration. Phil stripped the horrible walls down (with a bit of help from my dad) but as yet that is all that has been done. Decided on laminate flooring as it will be easier to clean up any mess although I do want a big rug in the middle of the room. Hunted high and low for any elmo or sesame street wallpaper or borders and have so far found nothing. I am not giving up though and my talented husband is going to paint an elmo mural on the wall for me - lets just hope the baby likes elmo as much as I do!
Got some friends here from Oz for the next couple of weeks and I get to meet their 1 year old for the first time tomorrow. We are spending the whole week together doing child friendly things like going to London Zoo. It will be good practice for me and I cannot wait.
Not got an anti-natal check up until next month. My next scan is booked in for the 5th May and I will hopefully be able to find out the sex of the baby. We have decided on a boys name (although it may change later on) but have not found a girls name yet. I am not going to divulge the boys name yet but am very open to hearing girl name suggestions (PLEASE).
Anyway that's enough for now. Looking forward to hearing your girl name suggestions.
See you next week
Mum to be
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do what makes you most happiest...

This is something I have long forgotten but something I am aiming to rectify. I have been looking inwardly for a while now as I realised I have lost myself a bit. I have spent so long being mum, wife, councillor, chauffer, chef, cleaner, dog walker business owner etc etc etc (you get the idea) that I don't really know who I am anymore or what makes me tick. My son asked me last Mothers day what I would like to do as it was 'my day' - I honestly couldn't answer and my 11 year old boy just said "that's really sad". He was absolutely right, that is sad! When did I just stop living my own life to serve everyone else? I like to paint and have recently made time to complete a run of adult paint by numbers to decorate my living room with. I also started doing acrylic paintings and watching some Bob Ross for inspiration. This is a good start but I'm not passionate about it. Today I remembered what I used to be passionate about and that was writing so I am back

Dark cloud closes in

During my second pregnancy I wrote about my battle with, and subsequent diagnosis, of depression. During this time I stopped my medication and assured myself that I would reconsider the pills after I had my baby. When Dexter arrived I felt fine and strong enough to go it alone. This tactic has worked up until recently. Having a 5 year old who rebels against everything you say, an 11 month baby who just won't sleep, a husband desperately trying to give up smoking, a hectic, full time work schedule - throw into the mix money worries, family worries, going on an extreme diet, beginning a novel and seemingly untreatable psoriasis and you can start to understand why the downward spiral is happening again. For me the key to all of this is to recognise when it is happening which isn't always easy until it has gone too far and the dark cloud has really set in. Deflection is something I adopt when the pressure is on. Rather than admit that I am not in control of my mood swings

A very honest post from Week 27

Well Christmas and New Year were eventful and not in a good way. I had, what was quite possibly, the worst Christmas ever for reasons I will detail in this blog. It began around the beginning of December. My 4 year old daughter seems to have become possessed. She started playing up and has gotten naughtier by the day. It started with her saying no to everything and refusing to do anything we tell her such as getting dressed, eating her dinner or simply not answering back to us. This progressed and she started being a smart arse with us saying things like "I don't have to do that if I don't want to" and "you can't tell me what to do". She has basically turned into a stroppy teenager overnight. We are yet to find a punishment that works on her, she just seems to be completely emotionless toward anything we implement. At the moment she has had most of her Christmas presents confiscated and has to earn them back through good behaviour but she doesn't s