Skip to main content

Summer week 19

Hi all,
Hope you all had a lovely easter weekend, mine was full of BBQ's and general merriment.
This week has not been such a good one for me. I think i may have overdone it somewhat over the weekend as i have been feeling rather ill for most of this week. At first i felt like i just had a stomach bug but now that has subsided a bit and i keep getting cramps in my abdominal area. I am pretty sure the stomach bug had something to do with the sandwhich i ate on monday as i started to feel ill almost immidiately after eating it and i am putting these stomach cramps down to the baby laying on something or simply stretching my insides. I was feeling the lower part of my stomach last night (where it was hurting) and i swear i felt a foot... It freaked me out a bit and i tried to feel for it again but it was gone and so was my cramping feeling.
Phil is giving me a hard time as i wouldn't phone the midwife but like i said to him the only thing she could have done was to book me in for an appointment and as i already have one on monday it is pointless. I will simply fill her in on monday and i am pretty sure she will tell me its nothing.
Its getting pretty uncomfortable to sleep now and i am having really broken sleep which i am sure my husband is loving... not. It hurts to sleep on my back for too long but everytime i wake up i have rolled onto my back so not sure how i can stop that.
Apparently at this stage i should be feeling really energetic and stuff but believe me i am not. If i sit for too long watching telly i start to fall asleep. I am usually really tired by 10pm which is most unlike me.
Oh one last thing that i have noticed recently is how clumsy i am becoming. On Monday i popped out on my lunch hour to get a sandwhich and managed to walk into three walls, one door and one short bollard - what is up with that!!! I have fallen over my bed countless times this week and keep misjudging doorways. After doing some research i have discovered that due to the increasing size of my tummy my centre of gravity has changed but nobody has bothered to tell my brain it seems. The website suggested that i start wearing flat shoes - thats not going to happen until i have absolutely no choice as i am much shorter than people realise as hardly anyone has seen me without heals on.
The short hair is brilliant and i am really loving it - no regrets at all. It now takes me 15 minutes to dry and straighten it in the morning - how great is that compared to 40 minutes! This will definately help when the baby comes and i have less time to spend on my own appearance. And it definately helped the other morning when my hairdryer actually set on fire and broke so i had to go to work with wet hair!!
Nursery is now painted and looks great. Just want to start putting the finishing touches up now but my dad is insisting he puts one more coat of paint on first. When it is completed i will put a picture on my site for you to see, its going to be very unique. Just need to get the furniture now to fill it up! - All second hand donations welcome... : ) as we have absolutely nothing yet except 3 car seats and a travel cot.
No more to say I'm afraid except one peice of advice - if you decide to use the Johnsons holiday skin moisturiser make sure you wash your hands afterwards... learn from my mistake as i have very funny coloured palms at the moment!
See you next week when i will hopefully be feeling lots better.
Feeling crappy mum to be.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do what makes you most happiest...

This is something I have long forgotten but something I am aiming to rectify. I have been looking inwardly for a while now as I realised I have lost myself a bit. I have spent so long being mum, wife, councillor, chauffer, chef, cleaner, dog walker business owner etc etc etc (you get the idea) that I don't really know who I am anymore or what makes me tick. My son asked me last Mothers day what I would like to do as it was 'my day' - I honestly couldn't answer and my 11 year old boy just said "that's really sad". He was absolutely right, that is sad! When did I just stop living my own life to serve everyone else? I like to paint and have recently made time to complete a run of adult paint by numbers to decorate my living room with. I also started doing acrylic paintings and watching some Bob Ross for inspiration. This is a good start but I'm not passionate about it. Today I remembered what I used to be passionate about and that was writing so I am back

Dark cloud closes in

During my second pregnancy I wrote about my battle with, and subsequent diagnosis, of depression. During this time I stopped my medication and assured myself that I would reconsider the pills after I had my baby. When Dexter arrived I felt fine and strong enough to go it alone. This tactic has worked up until recently. Having a 5 year old who rebels against everything you say, an 11 month baby who just won't sleep, a husband desperately trying to give up smoking, a hectic, full time work schedule - throw into the mix money worries, family worries, going on an extreme diet, beginning a novel and seemingly untreatable psoriasis and you can start to understand why the downward spiral is happening again. For me the key to all of this is to recognise when it is happening which isn't always easy until it has gone too far and the dark cloud has really set in. Deflection is something I adopt when the pressure is on. Rather than admit that I am not in control of my mood swings

A very honest post from Week 27

Well Christmas and New Year were eventful and not in a good way. I had, what was quite possibly, the worst Christmas ever for reasons I will detail in this blog. It began around the beginning of December. My 4 year old daughter seems to have become possessed. She started playing up and has gotten naughtier by the day. It started with her saying no to everything and refusing to do anything we tell her such as getting dressed, eating her dinner or simply not answering back to us. This progressed and she started being a smart arse with us saying things like "I don't have to do that if I don't want to" and "you can't tell me what to do". She has basically turned into a stroppy teenager overnight. We are yet to find a punishment that works on her, she just seems to be completely emotionless toward anything we implement. At the moment she has had most of her Christmas presents confiscated and has to earn them back through good behaviour but she doesn't s