Skip to main content

Summer week 26

Hi all,
Its been another slow, uneventful week..
I have stupidly worn my heals again today for the first time in weeks and realised that it wasn't such a bright idea as my feet and back are now killing me. It has also highlighted how much my ankles have swollen as i can't even do my knee length boots up! Funnily enough one ankle/ foot is much more swollen than the other which does look really funny. The only way to ease this i have found is just soaking my feet when i get home from work in a bowl of warm water with bubbles. While on the subject of feet i am on the brink of giving up wearing socks as i am now really struggling to bend that far to put them on. At the weekend i had to get phil to tie my shoe laces as i just couldn't stretch over the bump. I have figured out a way of doing it although it is very awkward, i simply put my foot on the third step (on my staircase) and push my knee out to the side this way i can lean forward quite far.
As you have grasped by now the bump is still getting bigger. It is at the stage where it is starting to get to me somewhat. I am having absolutely no luck in finding a flattering dress to wear to my sisters graduation & my friends wedding in July. It is soul destroying to go from shop to shop passing the beautiful dresses at the front of the shop to get to the frumpy maternity wear at the back. Smock tops are everywhere which is useful for me but at the same time they are not dressy enough to wear to a wedding. Before anyone starts suggesting really good websites i must also point out that i am restricted somewhat by price as i refuse to spend £60 - £90 for a dress i will only fit into for the next 3 months.
My hormones are definately starting to take over my emotions as Phil is my witness. I have cried alot this week mainly for no reason or silly little reasons. It is extremely hard not to just give in and burst into tears at any given moment.
The wardrobe for the nursery is arriving tomorrow and i have already been to tesco to get some mini coathangers (in pink & purple - god its started already). Apart from that i have eased up somewhat on buying baby stuff. So as i got paid last week i am going shopping on saturday - think i will pass by the baby section in toys R us. My mum bought lots of cute pink clothes last week. I will certainly be able to fill the wardrobe!!!!!
I am starting to get constant thoughts of the birth now. I'm getting slightly freaked out by it all. Funnily enough it hasn't bothered me at all up until this week. But with only 14 weeks to go and being told that technically she can come at any time from now really i suppose has flung me into the realities of it all. I should start to get Braxton Hicks (fake contractions) very soon which i am suspecting will freak me out alot. Started thinking about what i need for my hospital bag. To be honest as long as i have my make-up and hair brush i will be happy though.
Nothing more to say I'm afraid except is it just me or is everyone on the planet pregnant at the moment???? It just seems that everywhere i look there are pregnant women waddling about. Perhaps it is just my heightened awareness of it - who knows.
Anyway i will go and peal these god awful heals from my feet now.
See you next week.
Mum to be
XXXXXXXXXXXX

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do what makes you most happiest...

This is something I have long forgotten but something I am aiming to rectify. I have been looking inwardly for a while now as I realised I have lost myself a bit. I have spent so long being mum, wife, councillor, chauffer, chef, cleaner, dog walker business owner etc etc etc (you get the idea) that I don't really know who I am anymore or what makes me tick. My son asked me last Mothers day what I would like to do as it was 'my day' - I honestly couldn't answer and my 11 year old boy just said "that's really sad". He was absolutely right, that is sad! When did I just stop living my own life to serve everyone else? I like to paint and have recently made time to complete a run of adult paint by numbers to decorate my living room with. I also started doing acrylic paintings and watching some Bob Ross for inspiration. This is a good start but I'm not passionate about it. Today I remembered what I used to be passionate about and that was writing so I am back

Dark cloud closes in

During my second pregnancy I wrote about my battle with, and subsequent diagnosis, of depression. During this time I stopped my medication and assured myself that I would reconsider the pills after I had my baby. When Dexter arrived I felt fine and strong enough to go it alone. This tactic has worked up until recently. Having a 5 year old who rebels against everything you say, an 11 month baby who just won't sleep, a husband desperately trying to give up smoking, a hectic, full time work schedule - throw into the mix money worries, family worries, going on an extreme diet, beginning a novel and seemingly untreatable psoriasis and you can start to understand why the downward spiral is happening again. For me the key to all of this is to recognise when it is happening which isn't always easy until it has gone too far and the dark cloud has really set in. Deflection is something I adopt when the pressure is on. Rather than admit that I am not in control of my mood swings

A very honest post from Week 27

Well Christmas and New Year were eventful and not in a good way. I had, what was quite possibly, the worst Christmas ever for reasons I will detail in this blog. It began around the beginning of December. My 4 year old daughter seems to have become possessed. She started playing up and has gotten naughtier by the day. It started with her saying no to everything and refusing to do anything we tell her such as getting dressed, eating her dinner or simply not answering back to us. This progressed and she started being a smart arse with us saying things like "I don't have to do that if I don't want to" and "you can't tell me what to do". She has basically turned into a stroppy teenager overnight. We are yet to find a punishment that works on her, she just seems to be completely emotionless toward anything we implement. At the moment she has had most of her Christmas presents confiscated and has to earn them back through good behaviour but she doesn't s