Skip to main content

Summer week 17

Hello again,
Can't believe it is that time of the week already. Time is flying by which is good in some ways!
Had a midwife appointment on monday which went very well. All my test results were excellent and they said i couldn't be any more healthier if i tried - so all good. I also got to hear the babies heart beat again. Thats very strange but comforting in a funny kinda way.
Next appointment will be in about 3 weeks which is just a check up (more wee tests, blood test etc) and then to the fun bit on the 2nd May when i have the next scan and find out the sex!
Not many new feelings/ complaint this week. The heartburn is getting a bit worse but i now know i am allowed to have Gaviscon which would have been good to know a few weeks ago. Just assumed i could not take any medication. My tummy is growing more and i can kinda feel everything stretching which is really weird. I am pretty sure i have felt kicking now but it does really feel like a weird fluttering sensation. Its not powerful enough for phil to be able to feel it yet which is a shame but its most of the time so i am thinking it is definitely an active little nipper.
I feel much prettier at the moment but i don't mean pretty in that sense, i mean in a glowing well-being kind of way. Although the condition of my hair and skin is amazing at the moment. The best way to describe it is that feeling you get when you get back from a summer holiday with a tan and you go to meet friends for the first time since you have been back and the tan makes you look sexy & healthy (well in my head it does anyway).
The nursery is coming along now. The flooring is done, the skirting is finished and all the woodwork has been primed and glossed, it is now ready to have the cosmetic decoration done. Have decided against the elmo thing now as it is giving me a headache. Instead i have found a really cool thing on the net which i am going to do instead. They are theme packs of stickers. Basically you pick your theme (we have gone for under the sea) and they send you a pack which includes lots of big vinyl stickers of seaweed, dolphins, anchors, fishes, seahorses, bubbles etc and you just paint the walls to represent the sandy sea bed then the blue sea then just a neutral colour on the top and go creative putting these stickers everywhere. It looks so effective. I am just waiting for the stickers to arrive. They are easily removable and even re-stick.
I went for it and chopped all my hair off!! It looks fab and i love it so much. Big big thankyou to my hairdresser as she did an amazing job. My husband even went so far as to say he thinks it makes me look really sexy (not sure i agree about looking really sexy but i like it and it has made him happy).
Back to baby stuff. I have been really thinking about maternity leave from work recently. Thinking i may go off at the beginning of August unless i am forced (for medical reasons) to go sooner as you never know what will happen with blood pressure and stuff like that. So i will be extremely bored over the summer! But it may be a blessing that my mum and a few of my mates work at schools and will not be working over August - make sure you come and see me!!! Might take up another hobby for that month - painting or something? or i may just slob about watching DVD's and stuffing my face.
Not much going on apart from the above i am afraid. This weekend is a busy one for me though as its my brothers 18th birthday on Sunday (April fools day!) and we are going for a family meal on saturday to Pizza Express and it is also mine and phils 8 year (or it could be 7 years - i have lost count) anniversary of being together not being married (yes we are sad and celebrate both but we don't celebrate valentines for this very reason). Apparently phil is going to cook me a romantic meal although i did catch him on the phone to his mum promising we would pop over on sunday so it may not be the romantic day i had in mind!
Won't keep you any longer. See you next week!
Mum to be
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do what makes you most happiest...

This is something I have long forgotten but something I am aiming to rectify. I have been looking inwardly for a while now as I realised I have lost myself a bit. I have spent so long being mum, wife, councillor, chauffer, chef, cleaner, dog walker business owner etc etc etc (you get the idea) that I don't really know who I am anymore or what makes me tick. My son asked me last Mothers day what I would like to do as it was 'my day' - I honestly couldn't answer and my 11 year old boy just said "that's really sad". He was absolutely right, that is sad! When did I just stop living my own life to serve everyone else? I like to paint and have recently made time to complete a run of adult paint by numbers to decorate my living room with. I also started doing acrylic paintings and watching some Bob Ross for inspiration. This is a good start but I'm not passionate about it. Today I remembered what I used to be passionate about and that was writing so I am back

Dark cloud closes in

During my second pregnancy I wrote about my battle with, and subsequent diagnosis, of depression. During this time I stopped my medication and assured myself that I would reconsider the pills after I had my baby. When Dexter arrived I felt fine and strong enough to go it alone. This tactic has worked up until recently. Having a 5 year old who rebels against everything you say, an 11 month baby who just won't sleep, a husband desperately trying to give up smoking, a hectic, full time work schedule - throw into the mix money worries, family worries, going on an extreme diet, beginning a novel and seemingly untreatable psoriasis and you can start to understand why the downward spiral is happening again. For me the key to all of this is to recognise when it is happening which isn't always easy until it has gone too far and the dark cloud has really set in. Deflection is something I adopt when the pressure is on. Rather than admit that I am not in control of my mood swings

A very honest post from Week 27

Well Christmas and New Year were eventful and not in a good way. I had, what was quite possibly, the worst Christmas ever for reasons I will detail in this blog. It began around the beginning of December. My 4 year old daughter seems to have become possessed. She started playing up and has gotten naughtier by the day. It started with her saying no to everything and refusing to do anything we tell her such as getting dressed, eating her dinner or simply not answering back to us. This progressed and she started being a smart arse with us saying things like "I don't have to do that if I don't want to" and "you can't tell me what to do". She has basically turned into a stroppy teenager overnight. We are yet to find a punishment that works on her, she just seems to be completely emotionless toward anything we implement. At the moment she has had most of her Christmas presents confiscated and has to earn them back through good behaviour but she doesn't s