Skip to main content

Summer week 29

God week 29 already...
First things first - the diabetes tests. Midwife came on Tuesday morning to do the tests and hinted that she now thought i did NOT have diabetes but to wait until the results come back as i could be borderline. I have spent most of this morning trying to get my results but my doctors are being a nightmare and won't tell me anything. They basically said "there are no notes attached to your results so assume they are clear". When i pushed them on this and asked if that really meant i had the all clear they panicked and said they couldn't really tell me anything which is awfully unhelpful. I have had to call the midwife to get her to sort it out for me - just waiting for her to call me back!
The hernia has been ok but mainly because i have been under the strict eye of my husband who won't let me do anything (or at least he wouldn't last week - this week both my husband and dad have quickly forgotten and i am the scivvy again!). But as long as i don't overdo it i can keep the pain to a minimum so thats good.
On to the most annoying and upsetting thing that happened this week. On Tuesday night my entire world came crashing down and now i am stuck in a dilemma! For those of you that watch Eastenders you will be aware that 'Chav' Dawn went into labour on the tube on Tuesday night but more importantly was that before that happened she told a lady what she would be naming her baby... To my utter horror she said the one name in the entire world that i have picked to call my baby!!!
No joke - i was almost crying as this will have a significant impact on whether i still use the name or not. Me and my family are really attached to this name now but with the kind of influence a programme like Eastenders has on the public i am now worried that lots of people will now also use the name and it will become a very popular (and perhaps common name). I big part of the deciding the name was that both myself and my husband have such traditional names and throughout my life there has always been so many people around that share my name. I had 3 Katherine's in my class at school, i worked with 3 Katherine's at my last job and in my current job i have worked with 5 in total. Sound silly and people are probably saying so what but at school to save on confusion they named me Katherine 1 and in my working life i have had to use the shortened version of Kat more and more. I just really liked the idea of giving my child a name that you wouldn't come across so often.
Trouble is i am so attached to the name now that i am not sure if i want to change it. What do i do?????
The wardrobe is finally put together and all the clothes are hung up and waiting to be worn. The entire nursery is set up ready for use now. The nappies are in place and the blankets are all washed. Its getting really exciting now. My cousin gave me a load of girls clothes the other day (which practically filled the wardrobe) and it is just so funny to think that something that small will be wearing them soon. Even Phil got a jittery when he saw the room completed.
Phil is going away this weekend on a fishing trip so i am planning to catch up with a few people i haven't seen for a while which will be nice. My friend Jason had a little girl a few weeks back so i plan to go and visit them. I am also planning to start getting my hospital bag ready. I have printed a list off the internet which gives you a basic run down of the stuff you will probably need - think i will need a truck as there is so much stuff.
Oh, sold the Aerosmith tickets on ebay in the end. Phil made a loss but its better than completely wasting them. Really don't think it was such a wise move to think i could stand around in a park all day. On the subject of tickets i have done something really dumb!! remember i mentioned the play that Orlando Bloom was appearing in well i bid on some tickets on Ebay (row E) but have now realised the day the tickets are for is the same day as my friends wedding... As irony would have it i am still the highest bidder (although there are still 4 days left) so i can only hope that i am outbid otherwise i will be trying to flog these tickets next week too.
We are planning to have a week off together in July (our last break before the baby comes) and decided that as its our wedding anniversary in July too that we are going to London to watch Wicked and stay in a hotel up there and make a night of it. I am quite excited.
The heartburn is getting much worse and i have to be sure that i don't eat too close to my bed time otherwise i am up all night with it. Speaking of bedtimes i am rudely awaken every morning at about 4am as i need to have a wee!
The final complaint this week is my ankles. They are swelling up so much. Phil and i both really pannicked last week as we both thought my feet were going to pop as they had gotten so big. It seems to get worse towards the end of the week and all i can really do is to put my feet up and hope they go down. It sometimes gets to the point where it hurts to walk as the skin is stretched so tightly. I cannot take my shoes off until i am certain i will not need to go out again as i would never get them back on again.
So to sum up i am still none the wiser about the diabetes although it looks unlikely now, the hernia is under control, Chav Dawn stole my baby's name, i am somewhat sleep deprived, my ankles look like a 90 year olds, I am an idiot when it comes to buying tickets (mainly due to my crap memory) but the good news is that I ONLY HAVE 2 MONTHS LEFT!!! YAY!!!
Believe it or not i am in a good mood and am getting more and more excited by the day. I just want to meet my daughter.
See you next week
Mum to be
XXXXXXXXXXX

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do what makes you most happiest...

This is something I have long forgotten but something I am aiming to rectify. I have been looking inwardly for a while now as I realised I have lost myself a bit. I have spent so long being mum, wife, councillor, chauffer, chef, cleaner, dog walker business owner etc etc etc (you get the idea) that I don't really know who I am anymore or what makes me tick. My son asked me last Mothers day what I would like to do as it was 'my day' - I honestly couldn't answer and my 11 year old boy just said "that's really sad". He was absolutely right, that is sad! When did I just stop living my own life to serve everyone else? I like to paint and have recently made time to complete a run of adult paint by numbers to decorate my living room with. I also started doing acrylic paintings and watching some Bob Ross for inspiration. This is a good start but I'm not passionate about it. Today I remembered what I used to be passionate about and that was writing so I am back

Dark cloud closes in

During my second pregnancy I wrote about my battle with, and subsequent diagnosis, of depression. During this time I stopped my medication and assured myself that I would reconsider the pills after I had my baby. When Dexter arrived I felt fine and strong enough to go it alone. This tactic has worked up until recently. Having a 5 year old who rebels against everything you say, an 11 month baby who just won't sleep, a husband desperately trying to give up smoking, a hectic, full time work schedule - throw into the mix money worries, family worries, going on an extreme diet, beginning a novel and seemingly untreatable psoriasis and you can start to understand why the downward spiral is happening again. For me the key to all of this is to recognise when it is happening which isn't always easy until it has gone too far and the dark cloud has really set in. Deflection is something I adopt when the pressure is on. Rather than admit that I am not in control of my mood swings

A very honest post from Week 27

Well Christmas and New Year were eventful and not in a good way. I had, what was quite possibly, the worst Christmas ever for reasons I will detail in this blog. It began around the beginning of December. My 4 year old daughter seems to have become possessed. She started playing up and has gotten naughtier by the day. It started with her saying no to everything and refusing to do anything we tell her such as getting dressed, eating her dinner or simply not answering back to us. This progressed and she started being a smart arse with us saying things like "I don't have to do that if I don't want to" and "you can't tell me what to do". She has basically turned into a stroppy teenager overnight. We are yet to find a punishment that works on her, she just seems to be completely emotionless toward anything we implement. At the moment she has had most of her Christmas presents confiscated and has to earn them back through good behaviour but she doesn't s