Skip to main content

Summer week 23

GGGRRRRRR. How annoying, i typed up my blog yesterday and went to post it and i got a message to say that blogs were down and when i tried to get back  to what i had written it had been wiped!!!!!! so i have to type this up again which is very uninspiring.
Another busy week for me which included a weekend of shopping. I popped into Aldershot on saturday morning to get some flat shoes to help with my afternoon shopping with my mum. Thank god i got them, what a godsend. I think the heals are out for the next 4 months now. I got some lovely black sequinned ballet pumps.
Anyway popped out shopping with my mum in the afternoon and got loads of baby stuff. I was mainly looking to start my stockpile of nappies, wipes etc and although i did get alot of that stuff i also got a bit sidetracked and got some really cute girly things. I always said that if i had a girl i would not dress her in pink and be really girly as i was always and still am a bit of a tom boy. But i got a bit carried away with little pink socks and one t-shirt that says "daddy's princess" and one that says "if you think i'm cute you should see my mummy" - how true (that was a joke!!!!). Primark is amazing too, i managed to get two of the softest baby blankets i have ever felt and they only cost £3 each - bargain.
We then went to a massive mothercare in brooklands and found an excellent baby starter kit. It cost me £25 and has a little of everything i need - nappies, cotton wool, wipes, muslin cloths, nursery scissors etc. It even had a tiny soft hair brush. It all comes in this really nice bag which i will probably get a lot of use out of too.
I also bought myself a maternity bra. Why the hell was i avoiding getting one??? they are so comfy i am not sure i will ever go back to a normal one, although they are not that attractive and maybe my husband will have something to say about that. The one i got kinda reminds me of the crop top bra's i used to wear when i was 13.
Enough of the shopping talk. The baby seems to have started some kind of sleeping pattern which is great as i get a break from all the kicking. Oh and Phil has finally managed to feel her kick which is amazing everytime as i think it makes things more real to him. His little face lit up when he felt it and every night when we go to bed he cuddles up to me and feels my tummy hoping to get one last feel but she is usually sleeping at that point.
Ok, when i started these blogs the one thing i promised was to give a completely honest account of pregnancy (including the not so nice stuff). That was sort of the main point as there are things i am finding out that people didn't tell me about and i think everyone deserves the right to know what to expact. So this bit is probably gonna get me some stick of my mates but so what i can handle it! The main thing that shocked me is the bleeding... I get constant nose bleeds but not so much that it runs out of my nose, more the kind that you have to pick the dried blood out of your nose. I also have to pick it every day otherwise it actually hurts. Apparently it is very normal to produce more snot than ever before and get nose bleeds so its nothing to worry about. The other thing i have neglected to tell you up until now is about the bleeding from the back passage. At first i was in a state of panic but after reading up on it it seems it is very common and it is more surprising if this doesn't happen to you and is more than likely hemmeroids. No point seeing a doctor as there is nothing they can do about it. Also do not forget to do your pelvic floor excirsices regularly as if you do them you are less likely to tear in child birth (that remains to be seen!!). If you don't know what pelvic floor excersices are then look it up as i am not going to explain it here.
Right, thats the embarrassing bit over with. Everyone seems happy that we are having a girl and people who do not know the name keep bugging me to tell them (i won't). You will have to wait and see.
People keep saying that she looks really fat in the scan picture but i must point out that she is actually poking her chest out as she would not stop wriggling around. I was born around 7lb and so was phil so fingers crossed that my daughter will be around this size too (daughter - that sounds so funny to hear me say it).
Next Thursday we have our first antenatal class so my blog will probably be sent on the friday again. I am hoping that phil won't be the class swot and embarrasse me but unfortunately his track record points to it! Oh well i will have plenty of funny things to tell you from the class i suspect.
Anyway best go - and hope this one gets posted!!!!!
See you next week
Mum to be
XXXXXXXXXXX

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do what makes you most happiest...

This is something I have long forgotten but something I am aiming to rectify. I have been looking inwardly for a while now as I realised I have lost myself a bit. I have spent so long being mum, wife, councillor, chauffer, chef, cleaner, dog walker business owner etc etc etc (you get the idea) that I don't really know who I am anymore or what makes me tick. My son asked me last Mothers day what I would like to do as it was 'my day' - I honestly couldn't answer and my 11 year old boy just said "that's really sad". He was absolutely right, that is sad! When did I just stop living my own life to serve everyone else? I like to paint and have recently made time to complete a run of adult paint by numbers to decorate my living room with. I also started doing acrylic paintings and watching some Bob Ross for inspiration. This is a good start but I'm not passionate about it. Today I remembered what I used to be passionate about and that was writing so I am back

Dark cloud closes in

During my second pregnancy I wrote about my battle with, and subsequent diagnosis, of depression. During this time I stopped my medication and assured myself that I would reconsider the pills after I had my baby. When Dexter arrived I felt fine and strong enough to go it alone. This tactic has worked up until recently. Having a 5 year old who rebels against everything you say, an 11 month baby who just won't sleep, a husband desperately trying to give up smoking, a hectic, full time work schedule - throw into the mix money worries, family worries, going on an extreme diet, beginning a novel and seemingly untreatable psoriasis and you can start to understand why the downward spiral is happening again. For me the key to all of this is to recognise when it is happening which isn't always easy until it has gone too far and the dark cloud has really set in. Deflection is something I adopt when the pressure is on. Rather than admit that I am not in control of my mood swings

A very honest post from Week 27

Well Christmas and New Year were eventful and not in a good way. I had, what was quite possibly, the worst Christmas ever for reasons I will detail in this blog. It began around the beginning of December. My 4 year old daughter seems to have become possessed. She started playing up and has gotten naughtier by the day. It started with her saying no to everything and refusing to do anything we tell her such as getting dressed, eating her dinner or simply not answering back to us. This progressed and she started being a smart arse with us saying things like "I don't have to do that if I don't want to" and "you can't tell me what to do". She has basically turned into a stroppy teenager overnight. We are yet to find a punishment that works on her, she just seems to be completely emotionless toward anything we implement. At the moment she has had most of her Christmas presents confiscated and has to earn them back through good behaviour but she doesn't s