Skip to main content

Summer week 21

Hi all,
Sorry about the short blog last week but it was manic at work and i had to work through my lunch hour (which is when i usually write these things). Had to prepare a presentation for my company away day which went very well in case you were wondering.
Finally the nursery is complete (feels like we have been doing it forever!) and as soon as i figure out how to get the pictures of it off my dads digital camera i will post them on my page. It is so awesome and i am so happy with how it has turned out. I have never seen a nursery quite like it which is cool as i like things that are unique. So now we are fitting it out with furniture.
I went to the car boot sale on the A3 last sunday with my mum and Phil which was very productive. Mum bought us a beautiful moses basket on a stand which is ideal for the baby when he/she is first born and also handy when you need to be mobile. It only cost her £8 and is in mint condition. I also bought a rocker/ bouncer for £1 which again is in perfectly good condition and i got a baby monitor for £3 (bargain - and it works). Phil had his priorities straight as the only thing he bought was three star wars figures which when you hook them together they perform a battle scene with the music playing and the sound of light sabers clashing against each other - do boys ever grow up? It was very very hot on sunday so didn't really look around the whole thing but plan to go back in a couple of weeks.
Sunday afternoon we went to a 3 year olds birthday BBQ - that was a real eye opener! they played musical statues and pass the parcel which bought back many memories of my childhood. But there was this one kid who was so naughty, you turned your back for 1 minute and he had managed to climb to the top of some trelacing, then he disappeared up the end of the garden and started bashing the greenhouse door with a stick etc. He was such a handful but so cute and entertaining - not sure if his dad would agree as he was up and down like a yo yo reining him back in and constantly apologising for his behaviour. Why do i get a funny feeling our child will be the mischievous one! We made a quick exit once the E numbers and sugar highs had kicked in. watching eight 3 year olds running around throwing balls at each other didn't seem fun anymore.
6 days until we find out the sex!!!! i will have to post my blog a day late next week though as its Phils birthday on Friday and he has decided he would like me to not tell him the sex until his birthday! - yeah like that will happen. He thinks it would make a nice birthday surprise but im not sure i can keep it to myself until then. Hopefully my sister & brother will stop calling it a jelly bean once they know the sex but i doubt it.
Me - I'm bloomin' massive and getting annoyed at people calling me fatty (Lee!) only kidding i do have a sense of humour. But i made the mistake of sitting on the floor last week and needed help getting up! My side of the bed is creaking alot more and I'm sure its to do with the added weight. Getting in and out of bed is a struggle and i have to kinda roll out - I'm just glad that Phil leaves for work before i get up and doesn't get to see the flapping beached whale getting out of bed as its not exactly a sight that would turn him on!
The baby is now kicking all the time with the occasional massive wallop which almost winds me! I thought babies in the womb fell into a sleeping pattern but this one doesn't seem to sleep at all or at least if it is sleeping it is still flayling about. Phil still hasn't felt one yet, everytime he puts his hand on my tummy it stops so maybe i should just get him to walk around with his hand permanently attached to my tummy so that i can get a break from it! I shouldn't really complain as its a constant reminder that he/she is there happy and healthy.
We have decided on our names now - well we have picked the boys name and have two shortlisted girls names which i think we will make a final decision on when it is born. I won't put the names in here as i don't want people to use them for themselves so if you want to know feel free to drop me an email or just ask next time you see me and i will probably tell you.
Oh Finally got around to booking our antenatal classes. Got our first one in about 3 weeks that will be interesting as i should have been to the first one already. They will tell me what to expect to happen to your body in the second trimester - so in affect tell me stuff that has already happened to me. Oh well its still worth going in case there is anything else i should know. They are 2 hours long and we have to attend three of them. Phil isn't looking forward to it but i think he thinks its just a bunch of people sitting around doing silly breathing exercises.
Thats all folks!
see you next week with the all exciting news.
Mum to be
XXXXXXXXXX
P.S as i am finding out the sex next week i am intrigued to hear what you predict and see which one is the most favoured (like a poll).
Some hints to help you, i am carrying all up front with a neat little bump, i am craving sweet things like chocolate, sugary sweets and ice cream, the baby's heart beat is 144 beats per minute and it is kicking all the time.
And next week we can see if the majority prediction was right. Comment me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do what makes you most happiest...

This is something I have long forgotten but something I am aiming to rectify. I have been looking inwardly for a while now as I realised I have lost myself a bit. I have spent so long being mum, wife, councillor, chauffer, chef, cleaner, dog walker business owner etc etc etc (you get the idea) that I don't really know who I am anymore or what makes me tick. My son asked me last Mothers day what I would like to do as it was 'my day' - I honestly couldn't answer and my 11 year old boy just said "that's really sad". He was absolutely right, that is sad! When did I just stop living my own life to serve everyone else? I like to paint and have recently made time to complete a run of adult paint by numbers to decorate my living room with. I also started doing acrylic paintings and watching some Bob Ross for inspiration. This is a good start but I'm not passionate about it. Today I remembered what I used to be passionate about and that was writing so I am back

Dark cloud closes in

During my second pregnancy I wrote about my battle with, and subsequent diagnosis, of depression. During this time I stopped my medication and assured myself that I would reconsider the pills after I had my baby. When Dexter arrived I felt fine and strong enough to go it alone. This tactic has worked up until recently. Having a 5 year old who rebels against everything you say, an 11 month baby who just won't sleep, a husband desperately trying to give up smoking, a hectic, full time work schedule - throw into the mix money worries, family worries, going on an extreme diet, beginning a novel and seemingly untreatable psoriasis and you can start to understand why the downward spiral is happening again. For me the key to all of this is to recognise when it is happening which isn't always easy until it has gone too far and the dark cloud has really set in. Deflection is something I adopt when the pressure is on. Rather than admit that I am not in control of my mood swings

A very honest post from Week 27

Well Christmas and New Year were eventful and not in a good way. I had, what was quite possibly, the worst Christmas ever for reasons I will detail in this blog. It began around the beginning of December. My 4 year old daughter seems to have become possessed. She started playing up and has gotten naughtier by the day. It started with her saying no to everything and refusing to do anything we tell her such as getting dressed, eating her dinner or simply not answering back to us. This progressed and she started being a smart arse with us saying things like "I don't have to do that if I don't want to" and "you can't tell me what to do". She has basically turned into a stroppy teenager overnight. We are yet to find a punishment that works on her, she just seems to be completely emotionless toward anything we implement. At the moment she has had most of her Christmas presents confiscated and has to earn them back through good behaviour but she doesn't s