Skip to main content

Summer week 31

Ooooh i am now in the single figures for the count down - 9 weeks to go!!!
Its been fairly uneventful this week again. Although on Sunday i took nest building to a new extreme. I decided to get a new computer desk and bring it into the living room and out of the conservatory, i also decided the conservatory needed a new floor laying down and to be completely re-arranged to make it a nice dining room / chill out room. So we did it all in one day as i simply couldn't wait once i got the idea in my head and Phil wasn't going to argue with a hormonal pregnant woman.
It looks great though and i am really pleased. We have been in that house for a year now and for the first time it is set out the way i want it.
Oh i won that dress from ebay (the one i plan to wear to this wedding on saturday). It arrived yesterday and i tried it on. It looks fab. I am out to prove that you can look great when you are the size of a house! The only thing that lets the outfit down is my flat shoes. Flat shoes just make you look frumpy whoever you are. I tried on some black sequined heels that i had in my wardrobe and they would normally have looked great with the dress but with my ankles the size of tree trunks they look awful and are slightly uncomfortable. I may wear them to the first bit and later on when my ankles start to swell i will put my flats on (people will be too drunk to notice by then). Should be a good wedding though - just a shame i can't drink... anyone need a taxi.
Phil went out with the lads last Friday. Its Safe to say he had a great time as he fell through the door in the early hours of Saturday morning. I practically had to carry him to bed - i was not impressed. At first he couldn't understand why i had the hump until i pointed out that it was pretty stupid to get that leathered when i only have 9 weeks until my due date. What would he have done if i called and told him i had gone into labour!!! The penny dropped and he has decided that he will ease up on his drinking for the last stage.
I had a midwife appointment on monday which went alright. Everything is as it should be. The baby is the right size and all my levels are back to normal again.
We went to the first of the preperational antenatal classes yesterday. Oh that was very informative....good god, why do people have more than one baby if they know what is going to happen? I knew the basics of what happened but we went into great detail about the labour and the drugs etc. I won't gross you out with the details now (i will save that for the final blog entry - the birth) but its safe to say that i will have no dignity left by the end of it.
There were some nice people too. There was a couple who are due the day before me so there is a good chance we will cross paths later on, there was a lady there who i recognised and later realised was my friends sister (will have to say hi properly next week) there were some other couples too and this very interesting couple who i have forgotten their names now. They were a little odd just because he kept interupting the midwife and spouting stuff about shakras, Central gravity, the miams, jesus's time, fertility worships, thai chi etc i think you get the idea. He just kept going off tangent and giving us all lessons in something we were not there to learn. Nice enough fella though. He had just had his tooth sergically removed about an hour before the class so he could have still be under the influence of the sedative he was given (he was definately under the influence of something).
And of course me and phil have a reputation for attracting these people, sure enough we ended up giving them a lift home. I think we made a friend for life there (well at least the next two classes!). It will be just my luck that we end up on the same ward at the same time.
Anyway back to the class. One of the things i questioned the midwife about was breast feeding. Don't all shout and judge me at once but i have never had any inclination to breast feed. I have absolutely no real reason for this i just don't want to. But more often that not i feel very preasurised about this and get the impression it is very frowned upon by alot of people. The midwife (Tanya) had said that they make you breast feed before they let you leave the ward so i asked what if you choose not to breast feed. She proceeded to tell me that they do not have facilities on the ward for formular milk so you have to bring formular milk packets with you and some steralised bottles. If i go into labour suddenly i will not think to quickly steralise some bottles ready to put in my bag so i can see where this is going, i will end up having to breast feed as i have not taken any alternatives with me. It just makes me cross that they tell you its your choice and then try to pressurise you into doing it. I may compramise and breast feed until i get home and move straight onto bottles.
At next weeks class we will be discussing assisted deliveries. So C-sections etc. We will also go into more detail about epidurals and the other drugs you can have.
I have given work (in writing) the date of my last day. It will be the 16th August (6 weeks time). But this leaves me with 4.5 days holiday to take up beforehand. I decided instead of leaving a week early i would have shorter weeks leading up to the 16th. As i have a week of in July already it means that next week is my last full week at work which is great.
Believe it or not but i am still getting bigger. The baby's movements should be slowing down now as there is very little room for the little tyke but i should have guessed that i would be the exception to the rule. She is moving much more and the movements are so much more intense. When she punches you can almost see the hand poking out and when she kicks you can pretty much make out the outline of the foot. But mainly she keeps wiggling her bum. Its quite good actually as the midwife showed me exactly how she is laying and where all her body parts are so with every move i know what it is. Lucky for me she is head down which is just the way she should be at this stage as she is getting into position to be born.
Blimey there is alot on here this week - sorry if you are half asleep now!
Best go. The week ahead brings a wedding on saturday, coffee with a couple of very good friends on sunday, and another ante-natal class on wednesday. I also have a call booked in on monday with Phils solicitor but thats another story...
Bye bye mum to be
XXXXXXXXXXXX

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do what makes you most happiest...

This is something I have long forgotten but something I am aiming to rectify. I have been looking inwardly for a while now as I realised I have lost myself a bit. I have spent so long being mum, wife, councillor, chauffer, chef, cleaner, dog walker business owner etc etc etc (you get the idea) that I don't really know who I am anymore or what makes me tick. My son asked me last Mothers day what I would like to do as it was 'my day' - I honestly couldn't answer and my 11 year old boy just said "that's really sad". He was absolutely right, that is sad! When did I just stop living my own life to serve everyone else? I like to paint and have recently made time to complete a run of adult paint by numbers to decorate my living room with. I also started doing acrylic paintings and watching some Bob Ross for inspiration. This is a good start but I'm not passionate about it. Today I remembered what I used to be passionate about and that was writing so I am back

Dark cloud closes in

During my second pregnancy I wrote about my battle with, and subsequent diagnosis, of depression. During this time I stopped my medication and assured myself that I would reconsider the pills after I had my baby. When Dexter arrived I felt fine and strong enough to go it alone. This tactic has worked up until recently. Having a 5 year old who rebels against everything you say, an 11 month baby who just won't sleep, a husband desperately trying to give up smoking, a hectic, full time work schedule - throw into the mix money worries, family worries, going on an extreme diet, beginning a novel and seemingly untreatable psoriasis and you can start to understand why the downward spiral is happening again. For me the key to all of this is to recognise when it is happening which isn't always easy until it has gone too far and the dark cloud has really set in. Deflection is something I adopt when the pressure is on. Rather than admit that I am not in control of my mood swings

A very honest post from Week 27

Well Christmas and New Year were eventful and not in a good way. I had, what was quite possibly, the worst Christmas ever for reasons I will detail in this blog. It began around the beginning of December. My 4 year old daughter seems to have become possessed. She started playing up and has gotten naughtier by the day. It started with her saying no to everything and refusing to do anything we tell her such as getting dressed, eating her dinner or simply not answering back to us. This progressed and she started being a smart arse with us saying things like "I don't have to do that if I don't want to" and "you can't tell me what to do". She has basically turned into a stroppy teenager overnight. We are yet to find a punishment that works on her, she just seems to be completely emotionless toward anything we implement. At the moment she has had most of her Christmas presents confiscated and has to earn them back through good behaviour but she doesn't s