Skip to main content

Summer week 16

Hello again,
Before I start I have to tell you how surprised I am to see how many people have been reading my blogs. I originally thought it would be a nice way for friends of mine that live far away (Bolton or Australia) to keep up to date with my progress but it seems to have evolved and I get almost 50 hits a week which was quite shocking. I am just very pleased that they are getting read I suppose!
If anyone is reading this who is also an expectant mother it would be great to get in touch and share experiences. I haven't made any pregnant friends as yet but I have been assured it is very helpful. (This isn't a shameful plug to get more friends on myspace by the way!!).
Anyway down to business. This week I have had quite a few complaints. My backache got so bad that I almost started crying at work! The good news is it seems to fluctuate so its not painful all the time just now and again. The last two days I have had heartburn really bad - mints really helped with this so I now carry tic tacs everywhere with me. The only other physical pain is the strange stomach twinges which after reading up seems as if it is just the baby growing and my tummy getting bigger. It doesn't hurt as such just makes you go "ooh that's a tad uncomfortable" but gives you a nice feeling as you know that's your baby. My boobs still haven't grown (much to my husbands disappointment) but I am quite relieved as I am not sure I would be able to stand up-right if they did.
Saw something in the paper last week which really annoyed me. Since I have been pregnant I have had such a craving for peanut butter but the doctor and midwife told me not to eat peanuts so I have just ignored the craving. Last week the paper said that this pregnancy warning was a load of rubbish and is only meant if you have a family history of peanut allergies, exsama or heayfever - which my family have none of!!! Total dilemma - do I now disregard what the doctor said and give in to my craving or do I still cut it out as how reliable can a newspaper really be?? I work with the media and know exactly how unreliable they are sometimes.
Sorry - a little moan there (had lots of those recently). I have turned into such a moody cow. Research keeps throwing new things up all the time and what you were told (even 6 months ago) may not be the case now. Only last month some research came out to prove that caffeine does pregnant women absolutely no harm at all.
You may remember me telling you last week how my husband might be getting made redundant - well he didn't. He was offered voluntary redundancy or to take the new role in reading. He opted to do a one month trial in reading and they if he still doesn't like it he can then take redundancy at the end of the month. Between me and you he loves that job and I know he will stay.
The nursery is at a standstill for now - well just until I get to Homebase and get the lining paper. Still no luck with the elmo themed border so it looks like I will have to import some from America.
Got another check-up with the midwife on Monday - not sure what this one entails but I have to see her at the surgery instead of at home.
My appetite hasn't really recovered very well and I would simply not eat at all if I didn't have to. But I can eat without feeling sick and can eat after 7.30 now which is good as I was quite restricted by this. I have really gone off sandwiches - how odd is that!! all fillings.
Decided to chop my hair off!!! It is currently very long (almost reaches my elbows) but it gets so knotty and if I don't use my straightners in the morning it just looks awful. I keep thinking how when the baby comes I will not have time to faff around with hair straightners every morning so I am opting for a longish bob! a bit like Kym Marsh in coronation street - what do you reckon? Oh well if it looks awful it will always grow out.
Nothing more to say really, sorry its not a very interesting one this week. Tune in next time to see if it gets any better!!
Oh thanks for all the name suggestions for a girl - NONE!! I have a gut feeling it is a girl (Phil thinks its a boy) so if I'm right (which I always am) then I am screwed for names. Help me out, all suggestions are very welcome!
See you next time - Mum to be xxxxxx
P.S still no recognisable kicks from the baby yet - I can't wait!
P.P.S Totally unrelated but we are planning to sell our sofa, It is only a couple of years old and comprises of a large corner sofa, a matching 2 seater and 5 matching scatter pillows. If you are interested or know something that is let me know as i can email you a picture. Hate using e-bay so thought i would ask around before i attempted that route.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do what makes you most happiest...

This is something I have long forgotten but something I am aiming to rectify. I have been looking inwardly for a while now as I realised I have lost myself a bit. I have spent so long being mum, wife, councillor, chauffer, chef, cleaner, dog walker business owner etc etc etc (you get the idea) that I don't really know who I am anymore or what makes me tick. My son asked me last Mothers day what I would like to do as it was 'my day' - I honestly couldn't answer and my 11 year old boy just said "that's really sad". He was absolutely right, that is sad! When did I just stop living my own life to serve everyone else? I like to paint and have recently made time to complete a run of adult paint by numbers to decorate my living room with. I also started doing acrylic paintings and watching some Bob Ross for inspiration. This is a good start but I'm not passionate about it. Today I remembered what I used to be passionate about and that was writing so I am back

Dark cloud closes in

During my second pregnancy I wrote about my battle with, and subsequent diagnosis, of depression. During this time I stopped my medication and assured myself that I would reconsider the pills after I had my baby. When Dexter arrived I felt fine and strong enough to go it alone. This tactic has worked up until recently. Having a 5 year old who rebels against everything you say, an 11 month baby who just won't sleep, a husband desperately trying to give up smoking, a hectic, full time work schedule - throw into the mix money worries, family worries, going on an extreme diet, beginning a novel and seemingly untreatable psoriasis and you can start to understand why the downward spiral is happening again. For me the key to all of this is to recognise when it is happening which isn't always easy until it has gone too far and the dark cloud has really set in. Deflection is something I adopt when the pressure is on. Rather than admit that I am not in control of my mood swings

A very honest post from Week 27

Well Christmas and New Year were eventful and not in a good way. I had, what was quite possibly, the worst Christmas ever for reasons I will detail in this blog. It began around the beginning of December. My 4 year old daughter seems to have become possessed. She started playing up and has gotten naughtier by the day. It started with her saying no to everything and refusing to do anything we tell her such as getting dressed, eating her dinner or simply not answering back to us. This progressed and she started being a smart arse with us saying things like "I don't have to do that if I don't want to" and "you can't tell me what to do". She has basically turned into a stroppy teenager overnight. We are yet to find a punishment that works on her, she just seems to be completely emotionless toward anything we implement. At the moment she has had most of her Christmas presents confiscated and has to earn them back through good behaviour but she doesn't s