Skip to main content

Did we or didn't we?

Well after a couple of months deliberating about finding out the sex of the baby the day finally came. I had told my husband that it was entirely his decision if we were to find out but he couldn't decide.
In the waiting room, about to go in for my scan, he still hadn't decided and said I will let Summer decide. I wasn't too pleased about resting this decision on a 4 year old that really has no concept of what is going on.

So I went in and Summer sat beside me holding my hand (she was very worried that it would hurt even though I had assured her it didn't). It was a rare occasion that the baby was not moving about which was frustrating for the sonographer who needed it to move so she could get all the measurements. Eventually after some prodding it obliged and she was able to measure the important organs and bones which were all as they should be. Apparently it has a rather big tummy but Summer was a whopping 8lbs 13oz when born so this wasn't a shock to me.
Then she came to the bottom end of the baby and clear as a bell I saw an extra little something that had not been there in Summers scan! I kept quiet in case I was wrong and it was the cord or something. Then she asked if we would like to know. Phil squirmed for a whole 10 seconds before saying yeah go ahead. The sonographer confirmed that it was in fact a boy!!!

I have always maintained that I would be happy either way but deep down I think I always hoped it was a boy to complete our family and give us one of each. I immediately realise just how lucky we are as most parents would love to have one of each but end up with 3 girls!
Not only that but also to have two healthy pregnancies and babies (touch wood) has not gone unnoticed by us. We are truly blessed and I feel like this baby boy will be the last piece of our puzzle and will complete our family.

Phil’s immediate reaction was to announce that we will definitely have to move house so that the kids can have their own room. This was shortly followed by his excitement over having someone to go to the gym with. I think he will have a while to wait until then!

Summer reacted by giving me a look of "yeah I knew it was a boy". She immediately suggested Charlie or Jackson as possible names which I am assuming are friends in her pre-school class.
We have got a short list of names which we have pulled down to two possibles but I am not sharing that until he is born. I may change my mind between now and April anyway.

Scan aside I have still been feeling pretty awful. Tiredness that I can't even begin to explain. I also now cannot walk too fast otherwise I get a pulling on the front of my tummy that is difficult to explain but extremely uncomfortable. Best way to try and describe it is to imagine you have drunk lots and lots of water and then run down the road and you can feel it swishing about which gives you a weird sensation. I suggest you try doing that just so you get an idea of how I feel!

So now onto the shopping. I will need to buy lots of stuff now the colour has changed. Most of Summers old baby clothes are pink and I got rid of the bottles etc. So I must start stocking up.

I now don't have a midwife appointment until in between Christmas and new year.

Kat
XXXXX

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do what makes you most happiest...

This is something I have long forgotten but something I am aiming to rectify. I have been looking inwardly for a while now as I realised I have lost myself a bit. I have spent so long being mum, wife, councillor, chauffer, chef, cleaner, dog walker business owner etc etc etc (you get the idea) that I don't really know who I am anymore or what makes me tick. My son asked me last Mothers day what I would like to do as it was 'my day' - I honestly couldn't answer and my 11 year old boy just said "that's really sad". He was absolutely right, that is sad! When did I just stop living my own life to serve everyone else? I like to paint and have recently made time to complete a run of adult paint by numbers to decorate my living room with. I also started doing acrylic paintings and watching some Bob Ross for inspiration. This is a good start but I'm not passionate about it. Today I remembered what I used to be passionate about and that was writing so I am back

Dark cloud closes in

During my second pregnancy I wrote about my battle with, and subsequent diagnosis, of depression. During this time I stopped my medication and assured myself that I would reconsider the pills after I had my baby. When Dexter arrived I felt fine and strong enough to go it alone. This tactic has worked up until recently. Having a 5 year old who rebels against everything you say, an 11 month baby who just won't sleep, a husband desperately trying to give up smoking, a hectic, full time work schedule - throw into the mix money worries, family worries, going on an extreme diet, beginning a novel and seemingly untreatable psoriasis and you can start to understand why the downward spiral is happening again. For me the key to all of this is to recognise when it is happening which isn't always easy until it has gone too far and the dark cloud has really set in. Deflection is something I adopt when the pressure is on. Rather than admit that I am not in control of my mood swings

A very honest post from Week 27

Well Christmas and New Year were eventful and not in a good way. I had, what was quite possibly, the worst Christmas ever for reasons I will detail in this blog. It began around the beginning of December. My 4 year old daughter seems to have become possessed. She started playing up and has gotten naughtier by the day. It started with her saying no to everything and refusing to do anything we tell her such as getting dressed, eating her dinner or simply not answering back to us. This progressed and she started being a smart arse with us saying things like "I don't have to do that if I don't want to" and "you can't tell me what to do". She has basically turned into a stroppy teenager overnight. We are yet to find a punishment that works on her, she just seems to be completely emotionless toward anything we implement. At the moment she has had most of her Christmas presents confiscated and has to earn them back through good behaviour but she doesn't s