Skip to main content

The middle bit - not a lot happens

I haven't blogged for a while so thought I should before Christmas gets in the way and I really won't have time.
The main reason I have been absent is simply that there is not much to say. I have had no appointments, no crucial news or advice to depart and no significant worries. It’s all a bit dull to be honest.

My bump is stupidly big now and I am only 24 weeks, I am trying not to think how big I may end up! The bigger bump is proving more difficult to manage especially with finding clothes to fit and general backache.

The heartburn is back and worse than ever. I have discovered that Tums are much nicer and work just as well but I am basically eating them all day (within the restricted allowance obviously). It is starting to keep me awake at night too which isn't very nice. The backache can get to a painful climax by the end of a day and I am starting to struggle to get out of chairs if they are too low down. The heels have gone today and the flats are here to stay until the baby is born I suspect. Not the best look for a 5ft 2inch round munchkin but totally worth it.
I am also starting to get an annoying pain next to my belly button. I had this last time and they said it was a hernia but this time they have agreed it is not a hernia at all but just a nerve issue and has a lot to do with the way the baby is laying - not that it makes it any less painful.

No swelling of fingers, feet or ankles this time around which was well underway last time so I am very pleased. The baby moves about and kicks in interesting patterns through the day. Seems to be most happiest when I am at work which is odd (perhaps it’s the peace and quiet here). The kicks are getting very strong too, starting to actually see them now which I will never get used to.

I had one emotionally charged day this week where I had been through the weekend from hell (various reasons I won't go into now) and thankfully had the Monday off work. I spent that day crying for the most part. I honestly could not say if it was a legitimate down day or if it was hormonally charged but it wasn't nice whatever it was. I'm all good now though.

To be honest I quite often forget I am pregnant until I look down. I know that sounds like a strange thing to say but it is true. The first pregnancy I was monitoring absolutely everything, all aches and pains were looked up on Google just to make sure they were normal, all signs of stress or things that caused high blood pressure were immediately rectified. This time around I feel like I am just floating through it, almost like it is happening to someone else. I haven't even brought anything for the baby yet which is very odd for me. Maybe it is because I am an experienced pregnant person now or maybe it is because with a four year old to look after I don't get time to think or worry about myself so much. Whatever it is it is making the time fly by which is good. I only just realised I have 16 weeks left which isn't very much actually.

I have been getting a few painful twinges and I am pretty sure at my next appointment they will tell me my blood pressure is up. I have been overdoing it especially at work. Not sure why I keep volunteering to work 14 hour days... or even putting my hand up for new work that comes in. I can't really cope but hate having to admit that. I should be resting more than I am and will make it my mission over the Christmas period to do just that.

I will blog again in the New Year, unless I get bored at Christmas.
Merry Christmas XXX

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do what makes you most happiest...

This is something I have long forgotten but something I am aiming to rectify. I have been looking inwardly for a while now as I realised I have lost myself a bit. I have spent so long being mum, wife, councillor, chauffer, chef, cleaner, dog walker business owner etc etc etc (you get the idea) that I don't really know who I am anymore or what makes me tick. My son asked me last Mothers day what I would like to do as it was 'my day' - I honestly couldn't answer and my 11 year old boy just said "that's really sad". He was absolutely right, that is sad! When did I just stop living my own life to serve everyone else? I like to paint and have recently made time to complete a run of adult paint by numbers to decorate my living room with. I also started doing acrylic paintings and watching some Bob Ross for inspiration. This is a good start but I'm not passionate about it. Today I remembered what I used to be passionate about and that was writing so I am back

Dark cloud closes in

During my second pregnancy I wrote about my battle with, and subsequent diagnosis, of depression. During this time I stopped my medication and assured myself that I would reconsider the pills after I had my baby. When Dexter arrived I felt fine and strong enough to go it alone. This tactic has worked up until recently. Having a 5 year old who rebels against everything you say, an 11 month baby who just won't sleep, a husband desperately trying to give up smoking, a hectic, full time work schedule - throw into the mix money worries, family worries, going on an extreme diet, beginning a novel and seemingly untreatable psoriasis and you can start to understand why the downward spiral is happening again. For me the key to all of this is to recognise when it is happening which isn't always easy until it has gone too far and the dark cloud has really set in. Deflection is something I adopt when the pressure is on. Rather than admit that I am not in control of my mood swings

A very honest post from Week 27

Well Christmas and New Year were eventful and not in a good way. I had, what was quite possibly, the worst Christmas ever for reasons I will detail in this blog. It began around the beginning of December. My 4 year old daughter seems to have become possessed. She started playing up and has gotten naughtier by the day. It started with her saying no to everything and refusing to do anything we tell her such as getting dressed, eating her dinner or simply not answering back to us. This progressed and she started being a smart arse with us saying things like "I don't have to do that if I don't want to" and "you can't tell me what to do". She has basically turned into a stroppy teenager overnight. We are yet to find a punishment that works on her, she just seems to be completely emotionless toward anything we implement. At the moment she has had most of her Christmas presents confiscated and has to earn them back through good behaviour but she doesn't s